Do you want to know how to use your new Facebook Timeline? This article will show you how to manage it.
Going to your timeline
To go to your timeline, once you have logged in to Facebook, on the top left hand corner of the page, click on your name or small profile picture.
This will lead you to your timeline.
Moving through your timeline
There are three ways in which you can explore your timeline:
- by scrolling up and down the timeline’s web page in your browser.
- by using the menu of dates that is on the right hand side of your screen in order to jump from month to month or year to year.
- by selecting a month or a year to jump to in the strip menu that appears at the top of your screen when you scroll down your timeline past your cover photo.
Adding new stories
Along your timeline you can place four kinds of stories: a small message called status update, a photo, a place, that is a short message indicating a place where you have been, and a life event, where you can tell something important that has happened in your life. The menu to add any of these four kinds of stories is available in three different places:
- in the first box at the top left hand side of your timeline.
- in the strip menu that appears at the top of your screen when you scroll down past your cover photo.
- at any point of the central line of your timeline, by clicking on it. In this case, the story will be added to that specific point, which represents a specific moment in your past.
Editing your Timeline
As you scroll up and down through your Timeline, selecting years and months in the line at the right hand side, you will see many pieces of content grouped in many different areas or boxes. If you place your mouse pointer over the upper right hand corner of any of those boxes, you will see a star and a pencil icon appearing.
To edit or remove the content in a box, start by clicking on the pencil icon.
As seen in the image, this will deploy a drop-down menu in which you will be able to hide that content, delete it, or change its date, among other things.
On the other hand, if you want that content to be featured, click the star instead of the pencil. When you do that the box will be made larger and in this way it will attract the attention of people looking at your Timeline.
If after making some changes you are satisfied with the look of your Timeline, you can choose to publish it right then instead of waiting for the seven days period. To do this, scroll up to the top of the page and click on the “Publish Now” button.
This way your Timeline will look as you want.
- Facebook Explains in a Video How to Customize Your Timeline
- Facebook Presents the Activity Log and Shows How to Use It
How to Use Facebook >> Facebook Account and Timeline >> How to Use Facebook Timeline
How to Use Facebook >> Facebook Account and Timeline >> How to Use Your Facebook Timeline